Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state-of-the-art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre, and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities, and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country.
The incumbent shall be responsible for teaching various tennis programs to include junior programs, lessons, special events, and clinics.
- Assists in supervising play and ensures proper charging of fees, and rental of equipment.
- Assists in the promotion of and conducting tennis clinics, special events, and programs in an effort to attract and maintain members’ tennis interests.
- Provides beginning through advanced instruction (private and group) for all levels of players.
- Enforces all club rules and regulations governing the use of the club/facility, its equipment, and other property.
- Works cooperatively with other departments to develop combined programs for the membership.
- Ensures proper usage and rental of the tennis ball machine.
- Ensures proper inspection of the courts/facilities on a daily basis prior to the start of play and ascertain that all necessary maintenance has been performed and the courts are in safe working order.
- Reports any maintenance problems to the Department Head.
- Monitors court usage including special events, clinics, and lessons.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Performs other duties as required.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- One (1) year experience in a similar role
- English – excellent oral and written skills.
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances, and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors.
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Applies a professional, confidential, and ethical approach at all times.
- Works in a safe, prudent, and organized manner.
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word is beneficial.
- Passionate for European luxury
- Business Acumen
- Sense of responsibility
- Team player
- Analytical thinker
- Flexible and reliable
- Tolerant and open-minded
Hoteliers since 1897, we have traveled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service.
We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realize their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
Organization: Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City Accra Ghana
Primary Location: Ghana-Accra
Job Type: Temporary/Seasonal
Job Level: Entry Level Staff
Schedule: : Full-time
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Apr 21, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Job Number: 210000IJ