The Senior Gender Officer – Innovation will provide policy and technical support to foster innovative and non-traditional approaches of promoting gender equality and women empowerment.
Under the direct supervision of the Division Manager, AHGC.1, the responsibilities of the Senior Gender Officer – Innovation include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Hold at least a Master’s degree or it’s equivalent in Gender Studies, International Development, Finance Development, Economics or closely related disciplines. Relevant qualification in development project management and project finance is a plus.
2. Have a minimum of five (5) years of professional experience on gender and social inclusion in the development space and experience in project management.
3. Demonstrate experience in working with innovative approaches towards gender equality in an African context;
4. Demonstrate experience in Information and Communication Technologies project coordination and management within multilateral development banks;
5. Demonstrate knowledge of the role of the private sector, entrepreneurship and of women in business in development;
6. Demonstrate understanding of regional, social and economic issues, analysis and policy formulation; knowledge of the practices of major bilateral and multilateral partner development agencies in African countries is an added advantage.
7. Demonstrate strong communication and organization skills, dealing with various stakeholders with different backgrounds and capacity to perform in complex situations.
8. Ability to build effective working relationships in a diverse multicultural environment;
9. Communicate and write effectively in either French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
10. Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint); knowledge of SAP is desirable.