Twitter is looking for a public relations expert to help manage public communications for Twitter in Africa with a focus on Ghana and Nigeria. The ideal candidate will have strong relationships with local media and the ability to create and implement strategic PR plans that support Twitter’s business objectives. This role requires the ability to explain the dimensions of Twitter’s policies, product strengths and strategic vision to diverse audiences across all channels of communication. Twitter’s ideal candidate will be proactive, hard-working, creative, and have a love of consumer technology and Twitter.
What you’ll do:
● Develop a proactive communications strategy
● Implement programs and campaigns, in conjunction with PR agencies and partners, that help drive user growth and engagement
● Manage incoming media inquiries and develop close relationships with key reporters / publications
● Develop and write communication plans, blog posts, statements, and Tweets
● Identify relevant speaking opportunities, manage incoming requests, and train and support speakers at public events
● Collaborate closely with the EMEA communications lead in Dublin, the global communications team in San Francisco, and other country communications teams to ensure that local initiatives are consistent with the global strategy
● Manage local PR agencies
Who you are:
● Minimum of ten years experience. Ideally across several verticals like B2C, B2B, Policy, Product and/or Corporate communications.
● Experience in planning and leading communications campaigns, ideally at both a PR agency and in-house
● Hands-on experience with consumer technology and/or media company
● Strong writing, editing and messaging skills
● Strong skills in collaboration, project management and strategic planning
● Existing relationships with local media. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
● Flexible, amiable, a good colleague and collaborator
● Strong organizational and project management skills
● Communication skills that make working with remote colleagues efficient and effective
● Ability to work independently and proactively to develop / execute on programs and achieve measurable results
Twitter’s mission is to serve the public conversation, and it’s essential – for the world and for Twitter – to increase the number of people who feel comfortable participating in it. In line with our growth strategy, we’re excited to announce that we are now actively filing roles in Ghana. Our teams must be more immersed in the rich and vibrant communities that drive the conversations taking place every day across Africa, and we can only do this by engaging local teams and tapping into their expertise and exceptional talent.