||3 years 0 months
||11/27/2020 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
The Global Corporate Solutions (GCS) department provides a broad range of shared corporate services that are needed for the effective functioning and mission of the WBG to include: Corporate Security; Corporate Real Estate & Facilities and Corporate Services.
GCSGO (Global Operations) staff serve at both WBG Headquarters in D.C. and in Bank Group offices in more than 40 countries. The division’s mission is to support global operations by employing risk mitigation strategies and promoting the principle of a shared responsibility for security and safety.
The World Bank, a leading multi-lateral institution in global economic development, is looking for a highly organized, energized and experienced person capable of operating effectively in a very demanding fast-paced environment to serve as Accra, Ghana Customer Service Representative. The Customer Service Representative reports directly to two Senior (Regional) Security Specialists (SSS) in support of their respective regions, who are jointly responsible for her/his technical and professional development and performance evaluation. The Accra Customer Service Representative provides administrative and client support to the Senior Security Specialists and is the administrative focal point for the regional unit comprised of Country Security Specialists, the regional Security Analysis Specialist, and other staff. The job requires frequent interaction with other institutional units, staff in various locations (locally and internationally), government officials, consultants and external organizations. The Senior (Regional) Security Specialists will determine priorities and the work plan to be undertaken by the Customer Service Representative.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The overall purpose of the assignment is to provide administrative, logistical and operational support to at most two World Bank Group Regional Senior Security Specialists.
The main functions include but are not limited to:
Operational and Administrative support
- Provide support for to the administration of the World Bank regional security program in two of Corporate Security’s designated regions and activities according to the established procedures.
- Administer an effective regional data management system containing various documentation to include Crisis Management documentation, building emergency plans, residential surveys, training attendance, road safety plans, and Security Risk Reports and Briefing Notes (SRR/SBN).
- Act as the regional travel, leave and time recording coordinator, maintain the regional unit schedule/calendar for the tracking of the SSSs’ direct report staff’s operational travel and leave. Monitor the regional travel budget burn rate and provide quarterly overview to SSSs for review;
- Maintain and update distribution lists, (phone/address of clients/counterparts and of Regional CD/CM/CSS/SFPs and key regional supporting staff to the SSSs’ security program.
- Collect and input data provided by the two SSSs’ respective security teams, security focal points and Country Offices into a central database, provide high quality data reports in support of the broader respective security programs.
- In support of the SSSs and regional teams, use desktop processing skills to produce complex texts, reports, presentations, training materials, charts, figures, graphs, etc., according to the unit’s standardized format and distribution.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance to the respective regional security teams in the implementation of administrative processes. Participate in the onboarding of newly recruited Corporate Security staff and newly appointed Security Focal Points to support briefings on administrative processes and documentation/filing requirements.
- Draft routine correspondence (quarterly reports, standard letters, memos, faxes, etc.) conforming to the organization’s standards. All official correspondence will be drafted in English.
- Draft minutes of unit meetings and provide assistance in editing large documents. Incorporate consensus comments into documents, making full use of shared drives and software capabilities.
- Maintain up-to-date project files (both paper and electronic) and retrieve data from various sources and compile these for use by the Senior Security Specialist and regional team.
- Assist the regional security team regarding entry Visa applications and other travel logistics arrangements as required;
- As required, participate in and provide administrative support to regional crisis management teams under the direction and guidance of the SSSs;
Information Management and Client interaction
- Monitor WBG all-staff communications (including Kiosk announcements, mass emails, and similar correspondence) to ensure relevant information is flagged for the SSSs’ and teams’ attention.
- Coordinate with service units and liaise frequently with team members both in Washington and in other Country Offices.
- Track and report on appropriate aspects of the Team’s operational activities.
- Act as a regional focal point for the regional implementation of the Corporate Security Country Office security equipment program, maintaining relevant files on inventories and replacement schedules in coordination with CO teams and HQ security equipment team.
- Develop local and regional networks with other administrative units to ensure best implementation of new policies and procedures.
Time management & Logistic planning
- Take regional lead on the distribution of baseline security information to staff undergoing relocation through the regional mobility coordinator, providing linkages to relevant Country Security Specialists and coordinate security briefings where applicable;
- Provide administrative support in the planning and execution of external and internal training events;
- Track assigned Corporate Security tasks/project steps/ timetables using modern office management technologies, coordinate with relevant staff, provide assistance and/or information on project-related matters;
- Solve non-routine problems creatively and resourcefully and assist in preparation and logistical planning for various regional events, e.g. conferences workshops, training events, etc.
- High school diploma with 7 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Outlook, and World Bank Group’s standard software package, i.e., MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Good judgment, tact and high level of discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Effective time management and administrative skills, with ability to adapt to changing business needs, willingness to learn new skills and be able to take on additional responsibility.
- Strong interpersonal skills and respect for different points of view in a multi-cultural environment.
- Positive and client service attitude, initiative, reliability, resourcefulness and follow through on team priorities and responds to requests for information in a timely manner.
- Dedicated team player with excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize assignments when working on multiple assignments and deliver high quality work under pressure and tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Technology and systems knowledge – Demonstrate advanced knowledge and experience working with Microsoft office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.). Has ability and willingness to maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology. Project and task management – Exhibit good organizational, problem-solving, analytical skills and ability to work competently with minimal supervision. Demonstrate attention to detail and quality. Has ability to manage multiple tasks and complete tasks within agreed schedule.
- Institutional policies, processes, and procedures – Demonstrate knowledge of own department’s programs and products, know key players, understand own role. Display understanding of WB policies and procedures relevant to the area of assigned responsibilities and is able to apply/ implement them.
- Versatility and adaptability – Demonstrate flexibility and is receptive to the implementation of new solutions. Is willing to stretch own capability. Demonstrate motivation to avail and adapt oneself to effecting change.
- Client Orientation (ACS) – Exhibit good communication skills, positive and professional client service attitude; is able to understand clients’ needs and complete them professionally.
- Learning, knowledge sharing and communication (ACS) – Able to write clearly, edit and proofread draft communications. Able to learn and share knowledge/information across the unit.
- Business judgment and analytical decision making (ACS) – Able to manage information and support retention and disposition of information and records. Can search, report, and deliver basic information from various sources and independently respond to basic inquiries.
- Drive for Results – Able to take personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results and has the personal organization to do so.
- Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion – Collaborate with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.