Our client is building and operating a world class network infrastructure, developing state of the art services, promoting collaboration among national, regional, and international communities, and has started the process of rolling out its network, and thus needs more highly skilled, enthusiastic and motivated human resources to implement this process and put them on a steady and sustainable growth path.
And now seeking a Project and Procurement Officer to join their team.
Scope of Work
- Serve as the focal point of one of their mail projects and work closely with projects coordinators of partners;
- Act as focal point of other projects and initiatives that our client is member of, as assigned by the CEO;
- Coordinate and manage project reporting to partners and ensure timeliness;
- Manage project tasks/actions and Support the carrying out of communication and advocacy activities;
- Assist the team in developing project proposals;
- Develop a procurement manual;
- Develop a Project Procurement Policy, procurement plan and Procedure document for each project;
- Develop, manage and maintain project procurement templates including notices, bidding documents, evaluation documents, and supply contracts.
- Prepare, manage and monitor annual procurement budgets and expenditures;
- Carry out any other assignments as requested by the CEO.
Key Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s degree in Project management, Procurement or equivalent;
- Professional procurement qualifications such as Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) or others;
- At least 3 years relevant continuous work experience in a Project management and procurement function;
- Good knowledge of Procurement procedures of Ghana or countries with similar environment;
- Demonstrated experience in procurement and project reporting;
- High integrity, drive for excellence and good interpersonal skills;
- Result orientation and ability to work autonomously;
- Good communication and analytical skills;
- Fluency in English or French, with working knowledge in the other language would be an added advantage;
- Work experience with computer tools such as word processing, spreadsheet, presentation tools and project management applications.
- Experience working in and/or with non-profit organizations;
- Experience in managing grant-related project management and procurement from international funding organizations, especially the European Commission;
- Knowledge of the sub OJEU (Official Journal of the European Union) threshold requirements and other rules;
- Experience working in/with ICT-focused organizations.
Type of Contract, Reporting, Assumption and Place of Duty
If successful, the selected applicant, who reports to the CEO, will be proposed a 3-year contract, with a probationary period of one (1) year. The contract is renewable, subject to available resources and mutual agreement between our client and the position holder.
It is expected that the successful applicant assumes duty on 1 November 2020.
Place of duty is Accra, Ghana, but Staff is expected to move to another location (any country in West and Central Africa), should the client move from Ghana and/or opens other offices in the region.
There might be an interim period during which the successful applicant will work from home.
Only online submitted applications will be considered (see above) and only short-listed applicants will be contacted.