ABOUT MASTERCARD FOUNDATION
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful
If you are an experienced Program Partner professional looking to increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the Country Head, the Program Partner will provide support on the analysis of country strategies and functional themes from the evolving perspective of integrated programming. This role gathers data, ensures its quality and appropriate utilization in collaboration with Program Teams to support their needs and achieve programmatic strategy.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Engage and solicit input from relevant sources (partners, relevant target audience) and collaborate with colleagues to ensure inclusion of various sector perspectives in roadmap and program design.
- Collaborate with Programs and Impact colleagues to embed safeguarding mechanisms into programming.
- Support country and regional program teams with program implementation;
- Collaborate with members of the team to advance team deliverables and support day-to-day activities of the Program.
- Foster and maintain a community of sector participants, ensuring they remain at the center of implementation efforts.
- Collaborating with colleagues in Impact and D&L to collect and validate data and learnings.
- Leading outreach efforts for various sectors participating in the Foundation’s and partners’ programming.
- Provide quality customer service in responding to program inquiries or partners via e-mail, in person or by phone.
- Provide support for operational processes, monitoring project implementation, budget and timelines, and reporting requirements.
- Building and managing relationships with partners and stakeholders;
- Manage initiatives and events to engage program alumni and broad stakeholder groups.
- Building sector-focused partnerships with local organizations to enhance impact of Country and Regional Programs.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of a data dashboard.
- Run regular data queries and reports and respond to requests in a timely manner.
- Analyze data to identify emerging issues, trends and outliers to bring to the attention of the Program team.
- Build and maintain knowledge and familiarity of data security and privacy related issues.
- Work with program team members to anticipate and address challenges related to reporting in a timely and sensitive manner, and troubleshoot data delivery processes.
- Accountability for sector systems and tools, ensuring program data accuracy and database management.
- Work collaboratively to support the development and maintenance of knowledge management systems and provide insights to develop methods for synchronizing and integrating data across various teams.
- Organize meetings, take notes, and provide logistical support for the team.
- Perform other administrative, research and evaluation-related activities as needed.
- Prepare literature reviews, environmental scans and/or analyses.
WHO YOU ARE
- Post-secondary diploma, undergraduate or graduate degree in relevant subject area (e.g., international development, sociology, economics, statistics). An advanced degree would be preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in analytics, reporting, database administration, managing large datasets (preference for system knowledge or equivalent).
- A minimum of three years of experience in supporting program implementation, monitoring, evaluation and improvement
- Experience with economic and quantitative analysis
- Strong knowledge/experience with enterprise level databases
- Knowledge of current tools and software programs for quantitative analysis (familiarity with tools and software for qualitative analysis would be an asset).
- Strong technical expertise in data mining and data presentation/visualization.
- Understanding of youth education and employment issues in Africa, and emerging global trends in the field of secondary and tertiary education.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate large amounts of information.
- Demonstrated knowledge of African social, economic and political contexts.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience collaborating with cross-functional teams and engaging with a range of partners.
- A proactive, engaged self-starter who demonstrates personal ownership for finding new opportunities for improving processes, practices, or resolving problems.