Job Title: Plant Manager
Products: Biscuits (Experience in Biscuits or Wafers manufacturing is preferred)
Location: Tema, Ghana
The role encompasses the day to day management of all the plants in the country, handling all function from production, processing, quality, engineering & projects and QEHS. You will be directly responsible for quality production with class-leading production efficiencies. The incumbent will be a people leader who can multitask and manage efficiency, quality, speed and safety at the plants.
- Manage overall plant operations covering production, production planning, demand forecast, manpower planning and mobilization in a comprehensive manner.
- Review shop floor operations daily for adherence to quality systems & norms. Build systems to capture any deviation from set standards.
- Lead and support in process/system related issues, reduce incidences of such issues.
- Manage and support preventive maintenance for plant & machinery and related engineering initiatives.
- Optimize production costs, consolidate variances, analyse and find root causes for variances. Define action plans to manage/reduce such variances.
- Manage line OEEs, wastages and conversion costs through effective monitoring, review & control.
- Lead the QEHS initiatives and work with the central quality head in delivering defined goals.
- To be a champion for the commissioning of sustainable systems to hold the gains.
- Keep a tight control on maintenance & repairs cost within the budgeted levels.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, ensure delivery of projects within the scope, cost & time.
- Be a quality champion and lead cost efficiency and continual improvement programs.
- Identify opportunities, baseline and execute projects amongst cross-functional teams.
- Actively participate in & lead IR discussions, become a voice for the team.
- Negotiate with various unions, ensure industrial discipline is maintained, and labour productivity is increased regularly.
- Chalk out budgets for Labour, energy, materials, maintenance & other plant overheads effectively and implement.
- Train and guide the team to build efficiency and quality focus.
- Manage and build a multi-generational diverse workforce.
- Ability to build strategic partnerships and build relationships internally and externally.
- Seen as a champion of the business goals and employee development.
- An understanding of how, and the willingness to go the extra mile, to bring added business value.
- Collaborate across the organization to maximize outcomes.
- An Engineering graduate with 20+ years of work experience with a leading FMCG organization.