Reports to: Supply Planning and Inbound Logistics Manager
Location: Tema, Ghana
1. Ensure availability of all imported materials
2. Maintain stock levels of ordered materials as per the agreed stock norms
3. Help in achieving the supply chain objectives of reducing working capital and supplying the demand at the lowest cost.
- Establish material requirements for Production Plans with the use of MRP Planned Orders.
- Monitor Stock levels and ensure material availability for current production requirements. Establish and maintain appropriate safety stock levels.
- Highlight material constraints that could impact production plans
- Communicate with suppliers on material requirement forecasts on an ongoing basis.
- Raise Purchase orders and call offs to suppliers based on planned requirements.
- Follow-up on supplier confirmation of Purchase Orders and shipments.
- Monitor shipments of all imported materials and take action when necessary to ensure timely arrival of material on site, thereby avoid disruption to production plans.
- Co-ordinate with Internal Logistics to ensure availability of all imported materials at BUL
- Establish requirements of specified packaging materials both local and imported based medium-term requirements. Place purchase orders and issue call offs according to Production Schedules.
- Liaise with Suppliers on rejected materials or short shipped consignments.
Co-ordinate on Sourcing issues
- Co-ordinate with Planners / Sourcing on new raw and packaging materials.
- Provide data to establish Supplier Performance rating.
- Provide necessary information and maintain necessary records to enable proper control of inventory and prices
- Reports such as:-
- Working Capital reports
- Critical Material Report
- Purchase Order Report
- SLOBS List Report
Critical success Factors for the Job
- High analytical skills
- Advance excel skills
- Should have good interpersonal skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- University Degree
- 3 – 5 Years’ experience of procuring local and imported materials and dealing with overseas suppliers
- Familiar with MRP systems (SAP, Fourth Shift etc)
- Supply Management
- Research and Development
- Warehousing Teams