The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
|Main purpose of job:
To ensure staff and properties are kept safe.
|Roles and responsibilities:
· Paint and redecorate all properties – residences and offices
· Prepare and repair all surfaces, estimating the quantity and quality of the paint, colour mixing and matching and all others required for the paint job.
· Paint, stain and varnish all furniture of the Estate, other wood works and metal works as well.
· Responsible for all sign post writings.
· Provide their expertise assistance to any team that is required to use the scaffold on a particular job.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
Changing and Improving, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Working Together
26 October 2022
Type of Position
Type of Post
British High Commission
1 December 2022
Other benefits and conditions of employment
|Learning and development opportunities:
The British High Commission in Ghana takes learning and development seriously. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop many core and transferable skills through both formal and informal learning and development opportunities. Members of staff are encouraged to make use of the learning and development opportunities that the office has to offer.