Our client is building and operating a world class network infrastructure, developing state of the art services, promoting collaboration among national, regional, and international communities, and has started the process of rolling out its network, and thus needs more highly skilled, enthusiastic and motivated human resources to implement this process and put them on a steady and sustainable growth path.
And now seeking a Network Operations Centre (NOC) Engineer to join their team.
Scope of Work
The general responsibilities of Network Operations Centre (NOC) Engineer are:
- To ensure maximum possible service availability and performance;
- To provide customer network services on core equipment;
- To provide support services for Engineering and other technical teams.
- The specific responsibilities of Network Operations Centre (NOC) Engineer are:
- Assist the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) in the deployment, operations, monitoring and maintenance of their network;
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g. routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, OOB, Network management, Flow Collectors and Security management);
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations;
- Monitor system resources utilization, trending, and capacity planning;
- Proactively monitor performance and ensure highest levels of infrastructure and systems availability and reliability;
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Implement and maintain security, backup and redundancy strategies;
- Perform disaster recovery operations when required;
- Produce documentation for installation, network topology and troubleshooting of systems and infrastructure;
- Develop a system of processes and procedures and monitor their network;
- Liaise with vendors, datacentres, peers, partners and other IT personnel for problems resolution.
- Provide technical training when and where required;
- Actively participate in public forums for standards-setting bodies, Network Operators Groups (NOGs), etc. where matters discussed have the potential of impacting the mission and performance;
- Carry out any other tasks as and when assigned by the CTO or the CEO.
Key Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in IT/Computer Science with a network engineering focus;
- At least 3 years relevant continuous work experience in a network operations centre engineer function;
- Good hands-on experience in routing and switching;
- Good hands-on experience with IS-IS and BGP;
- Experience in installing, configuring and managing Juniper and/or Cisco routing and switching equipment;
- Experience managing high performance distributed Network;
- Good understanding of network and systems security;
- Good understanding of Routing Security: MANRS, RPKI, BGPSEC;
- Good hands-on experience in IPv6;
- High integrity, drive for excellence and good interpersonal skills;
- Result orientation and ability to work autonomously;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Availability and ability to travel within and outside the West African region;
- Fluency in English or French with good working knowledge in the other language.
- Juniper certifications;
- Cisco certifications
Type of Contract, Reporting, Assumption and Place of Duty
If successful, the selected applicant, who reports to the CTO, will be proposed a 3-year contract, with a probationary period of one (1) year. The contract is renewable, subject to available resources and mutual agreement between our client and the position holder.
It is expected that the successful applicant assumes duty on 1 November 2020.
Place of duty is Accra, Ghana, but Staff is expected to move to another location (any country in West and Central Africa), should the client move from Ghana and/or opens other offices in the region.
There might be an interim period during which the successful applicant will work from home.
Only online submitted applications will be considered (see above) and only short-listed applicants will be contacted.