Location: Offshore, Ghana
Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognised independent oil and gas company focussed on Africa and South America. The Group has interests in over 70 exploration and production licences across 15 countries.
We are looking for a Maintenance Superintendent to be based offshore – Ghana. The rotation will be (28X28). This is offered on a permanenet basis.
The role will report to the Offshore Installation Manager, with a functional report to the M&I Manager. The individual will be responsible for the execution of all maintenance and inspections activities on the FPSO. They will need to have supervisory experience and be expected to lead company and contractor maintenance workforce. They will have experience of major shutdown campaigns and have a sound knowledge of facility asset integrity management principles.
Manage all Maintenance and Inspection activities on the FPSO in a safe and efficient manner, being aware of the safety of others, effective utilisation of relevant FPSO systems, processes and resources, ensuring compliance with company and statutory requirements. Works in conjunction with Maintenance & Integrity Manager to develop and implement the Ghana Asset Maintenance strategy.
Key roles and responsibilities:
• Manage all planned preventative and corrective maintenance as described in Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) PMs, Job Plans and work instructions
• Manage Shutdown and major/campaign maintenance work programmes
• Responsible for weekly monitoring checks on safety, production and environmental critical equipment, reporting any deviation to performance standards and raise work orders in CMMS.
• Manage all fault finding and diagnostic checks ensuring any repairs are addressed promptly.
• Participates in failure investigations and root cause analysis to identify and implement reliability improvement opportunities.
• Ensures critical spares and materials are available to enable work to be completed per schedule. Ensure any discrepancies are addressed.
• Completing and maintaining all documentation as required for all maintenance operational work activities
• Liaises with and obtains Engineering Technical Support to achieve and maintain the technical and performance integrity of the FPSO Facility
• Complete all work activities in accordance with the Facility standards, management procedures and specifications.
• Works closely with onshore M&I Manager and Team to ensure development and implementation of the TGL Maintenance Strategy
• Apply good Maintenance engineering practice and judgement to the input, and execution and completion of engineering requests and maintenance work activities.
• Identify and propose ideas and solutions that will increase efficiency and productivity without loss of integrity.
Vendor Maintenance Management:
• Ensure that maintenance contractors are managed safely and effectively.
• Providing FPSO familiarization of planned work scopes.
• Arrange, review, plan, engage and manage vendors as required to complete work activities.
• Complies with the Tullow HSEQ Code of Conduct to protect people and the environment at all times. • Has a duty of care to ensure that all personnel work in a manner that is not harmful to their own health and safety and the health and safety of others.
• Complies with the Tullow Code of Business Conduct and Ethics policies and expected training at all times.
Emergency Response Tasks
•Specific role requirements are outlined within the Emergency response procedure and Muster Station Bill
Tertiary qualification or equivalent in mechanical/maintenance engineering.
Skills and Experience:
• Extensive post graduate industry experience in a Supervisory engineering discipline role, ideally in the Oil and Gas or Petrochemicals industry, ideally at a refinery or offshore facility in the field of Maintenance management of process plant.
• Ideally have experience of FPSO tanker operations and maintenance and Classification requirements for hull, machinery and topsides production facilities.
• Have good knowledge of the oil and gas production process and the facilities plant and machinery, ensuring their safe operation and maintenance
• A proven track record of leading multi discipline maintenance and inspection teams to meet targets on time and within budget
• Experience managing maintenance and inspection/corrosion management plans
• Sound knowledge and experience of facility asset integrity management principles including: risk based inspection (RBI), corrosion management, anomaly management and fabric maintenance.
• Experience of defect elimination, root cause analysis and reliability improvement. Actively participate and/or contribute toward defect elimination/system ownership focus groups.
• Experience of shutdown planning and management
• Experience of computerised maintenance management systems
• Experience with Safety and Operations Management Systems
• Detailed knowledge of NDT techniques and their limitations.
• Knowledge of coatings selection, application and inspection/maintenance.
• Knowledge of Pressure systems equipment and piping system basic design/fabrication.
• Knowledge of safety requirements including control of work systems, operational and emergency procedures, company policy and instructions.
• Self-starter who works independently as well as part of a team.
• Acts as change agent to drive innovation and team collaboration
• Lead by example, coaching others in performing Maintenance in line with all legislative, environmental and company standards and procedures.
• Accept accountability and responsibility. Demonstrates responsibility, ownership and excellence in all aspects of Maintenance work.
• Has the presence to influence others to change their modes of operation and maintenance management to improve asset performance
• Apply good Maintenance engineering practice and judgement to the planning, prioritisation, scheduling, execution and completion of engineering requests and maintenance work activities
• Communicates and presents effectively both orally and in writing to management, engineers, subordinates and contractors.
• Takes initiative to get tasks completed
• Collaborates effectively with peers and others
• Teamwork – work cooperatively with others for the benefit of the wider team, shares knowledge and best practice
• Open, honest & reliable.
• Represent the Company professionally and articulately according to the Tullow Business Ethics & Values.
• Able to establish an interactive relationship with the contractors / suppliers to establish a positive Company relationship.
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access to opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To Achieve This, We Offer Our Employees
A performance-driven culture that generates results.
A commitment to your personal and professional development.
A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people.
A culture that appreciates diversity & inclusion and provides equal opportunities.
Recognition and reward for your performance.
Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial and long-lasting relationship. Working for Tullow will increase your knowledge, broaden your horizons and extend your professional network. We offer a competitive reward package of base salary, incentives and benefits which is designed to attract, retain and motivate the best talent in our industry.
Ghana II Offshore II Linkedin Job Slot (SF:LI) II Operations