Peki College of Education
Location: Peki Avetitle, Volta Region
The Peki College of Education, Peki is a renowned public Teacher Educational Institution in the Volta Region of Ghana and affifiated to University of Ghana, Legon under the new Teacher Education Reform. The Governing Council of the College invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following senior management position at the college.
Job Title: Librarian
The Position / Job Description
• The college librarian has overall responsibility for library, research and information needs of the college community
• He/she provides leadership in advancing the colleges role, comprehensive strategic planning and incorporation of emerging technology.
The College Librarian shall:
• Serve as the professional and administrative head of the college library• Draw up and monitor the implementation of college library strategic plan
• Establish and maintain procedures, policies and systems that make efficient library operation
• Plan, organise, coordinate and measure the work activities of all libraries and organisations within and outside the country to attract grants for library development and be exposed to international best practices and
• Be a member of the academic board
Educational Requirements & Qualifications
The candidate must have:
• Possess a postgraduate degree in library of information related fields
• Have served as Deputy Librarian in a college of education or comparable grade in similar institution/organisation for at least 4 years
• Be conversant with library records management software
• Be analytical, critical, informative and research-oriented
• Have a good character, leadership skills and high degree of professional integrity
• Be able to complete at lease one term of 4 years before attaining the compulsory retirement age of sixty (60).
How to apply Apply by email