Reference #: 202101
Salary: GHS700 per month (excluding allowances)
Role type: National Service
Contract type: 12-month fixed-term contract
Experience level: Entry Level/ Graduate Level
Benefits: transportation allowance, free breakfast, paid annual leave
Number of posts: 1
We are looking for an enthusiastic junior software engineer to join our lead software engineer. You will report directly to the Head of Engineering and assist with all software coding and design functions. Your primary focus will be to learn the codebase, support prototype applications’ design, implement code, debug code defects, test source code, perform end-user testing, gather user data, and respond to requests from the lead engineer.
- Assisting the lead software engineer with all aspects of software design and coding.
- Attending and contributing to company development meetings.
- Learning the codebase and improving your coding skills.
- Testing source code and debugging code.
- Evaluating existing applications and performing updates and modifications.
- Developing technical handbooks to represent the design and code of new applications.
- Monitoring the technical performance of internal systems.
- Responding to technical requests from the customers
- Gathering information from consumers about program functionality.
- Supporting end user tests.
- Eligible to begin National Service in 2021
- Bachelor’s degree or HND in any discipline (qualifications in Engineering, or Computer Science desirable but not required)
- Knowledge of MySQL relational database and operating systems.
- Good working knowledge of email systems and Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to learn new software and technologies quickly.
- Ability to follow instructions and work in a team environment.
- Competitive Salary
- Transportation allowance
- Paid annual leave
- Free breakfast