The IT Network Administrator will be responsible for the Management of the Data Network Infrastructure Platform across Vodafone Ghana to cover Wide area network connectivity to remote offices as well as between the Data Centre and all remote offices. In addition, the LANs within the remote locations will be part of the remit of this role and the team. Leadership and Control of IT Data Networks on day-to-day basis and will cover Configuration Management; Administration Management, Backup & Recovery; Technical Support; Responsibility for ensuring resources support in Testing and Deployment of new components; Providing Level 2/3 technical support resources in support across the Data Networks Estate in Vodafone Ghana; Accountable for planning and small project delivery and Required to take decisions best suited for the stability of the Data Networks environment during instability. Also Responsible for the LRP around the Vodafone Data Network Environment
Responsibilities and Experience
• Provides technical expertise and decision making for appropriate levels of the Data Network environments on issues related to WAN, LAN, MAN and to ensure that Vodafone’s IT Data Networks team needs as a business are met on a day to day basis. Coordinates the efforts of other technical staff members.
• Provides consulting in requirements definition, specification, design, development, and integration of networks and systems on complex projects accountable for the IT Data Network delivery to ensure services adhere to project specifications.
• Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives across the IT Data Networks Estate.
• Manage Project deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT Data Network systems, including Router, Switches, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals.
• Investigates and resolves escalated issues within the Data Networks environments and ensures provision of adequate technical and personnel resources are devoted to solutions.
• Reviews tests, integrations, maintenance, and solutions of less experienced personnel on larger projects, for appropriateness and accuracy. Provides feedback and advises changes.
• Communicates, maintains and establishes principles, directions, and standards related to Data Network environments to meet end-user and company needs.
• Provides leadership and work guidance to the Data Network personnel. Staffs projects with appropriate personnel resources. Organizes and motivates team members.
• Ensures communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments, and objectives. May perform the work of team member as well as Team leader.
• Reviews and captures architecture plans for complex technical environments working with the head of IT Strategy
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
• Seven or more years of Data Networks experience, 2 of which have been in a technical management capacity
• 6+ years’ experience with Network Security tools and products
• 5-7 years’ experience with VPN technologies
• 5-7 years’ experience with Routing Switching and Bridging
• 5-7 years’ experience with Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology (SMART)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
• Ability to work well with a team in a fast-paced, constantly changed environment and follow instructions from