Mainspring Resourcing is a reputable firm in Ghana.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Generalist
The successful candidate must be located in Accra, Ghana and able to work remotely and in an office environment. He/She must be able to work independently, as well as offer support primarily to our Ghana and other offices based in Africa, the US and Europe.
The successful candidate must be able to handle multiple applications, systems, network and/or telecommunications activities. Manage information systems throughout the organization. May include programming, analysis, networking, data processing, and/or administration responsibilities. Resolve technical problems. Research and recommend technology. Coordinate information system priorities and perform other duties as assigned.
Start out, will be approximately 20 hours a week – with the opportunity to increase hours and/or technical acumen as the business grows.
The following skills, abilities, and acumen required to perform these duties and responsibilities
- Ability to communicate over the phone to troubleshoot issues in English
- Provide technical assistance to computer system users
- Solve problems dealing with a limited variety of concrete variables by interpreting written and verbal information and screenshots or other data supplied
- Use advanced tools, knowledge, and experience to analyze, diagnose, and resolve problems.
- Contributes to the evaluation and maintenance of existing support documentation.
- Complete assigned goals.
- Monitor help desk queue and resolve issues related to:
- Email Support
- Password Resets
- Website issues
- Application access
- Basic IT troubleshooting
- Server and Application Admin
- Regular patching and updates
- Performing Backups
- Managing website hosting
- Administration tasks
- Data entry
- Scheduling meetings
- Transcribe recordings
- Document procedures
- Create training documents
- Soft Skills
- Technically inclined
- Good communication
- Must have Linux experience
- Minimum of 4 years experience as an IT Generalist or equivalent combination of education and experience.