Vendease is a fast-moving consumer goods e-procurement platform for B2B clients in Africs, with a mission to ensure restaurants are free to focus on catering for their customers. We take the problem of food supply- availability and quality of restaurant owners so that they can focus on serving their customers. As an online marketplace, we give restaurants the opportunity to buy everything they need remotely and seamlessly from anywhere in the world.
We are currently looking for an Inventory Manager to enhance producivity and ensure inventory efficiency.
- Reporting to management and advising on process improvements.
- Developing loss mitigation processes and protocols.
- Training less-experienced inventory workers.
- Compiling inventory reports.
- Forecasting future inventory requirements.
- Establishes and maintains backup sources for high-demand items.
- Assesses inventory reports and order patterns to identify items in need of automatic, recurring delivery.
- Manages and maintains inventory system; facilitates upgrades to related databases and/or software under the direction of the purchasing or inventory control manager.
- Conducts frequent spot and partial audits of physical inventory.
- Assists with periodic (at least annual) physical inventory audits.
- Preparing and implementing quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Performing routine inspections and quality tests.
- Ensuring that standards and safety regulations are observed.
- Documenting quality assurance activities and creating audit reports.
Inventory Associate Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, sciences, accounting or related discipline.
- Certificate in quality assurance is a plus
- 3 – 5 years of experience in Inventory Control, Logistics Management etc.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Working knowledge of word processor, database and spreadsheet software.
- Able to work weekends on occasion.
- Excellent communication skills with warehouse workers, purchasing department, and outside vendors.
- Basic understanding of inventory control procedures.
- Extremely organized and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to develop professional relationships with outside vendors.