Team Leader (PTL) at the Canadian High Commission and carry out the following specific tasks:
- Receive briefing from a technical team comprising MoFA-PPMED Director, Head of ICT and MAG PTL on the assignment
- Conduct a situation analysis of the e-agriculture space vis-a-vis intervention already being pursued by partners like GoG, such as MoFA (including the M&E Portal), the National Development Planning Commission (NDPC) and the National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO) and Development Partners such as UNDP, WFP, FAO, GIZ, AGRA and USAID
- Assemble relevant information generated by all such interventions on the subject matter and thereby identify what has been done, what the gaps are and what need to be done
- Make an assessment of existing digital tools being used, especially in Ghana and in Sub-sahara Africa, to collect quality agriculture data for processing and dissemination among stakeholders (farmers, extension agents, processors, aggregators, researchers etc.)
- Assess and profile these tools and advise on their relevance, adequacy, user and gender friendliness, accessibility and efficiency in reaching out to stakeholders
- On the basis of the review, undertake an analysis of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) of the various devices and recommend, with justification, appropriate digital tools that could be more extensively promoted for use in Ghana for agriculture development.
The Consultant must have the following experience, knowledge and expertise:
- A post-graduate degree in information communication technology or a related field of study
- At least 6 years of practical experience, preferably in the agriculture sector and working with a large range of sector stakeholders
- A sound understanding of Ghana’s agriculture sector, including decentralized governance structures, especially in the agriculture sector, including decentralized governance structures, especially in agriculture extension delivery at local levels
- Demonstrate relevant experience in similar assignments in Africa preferably in Ghana
- International experience will be an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent English writing skills and
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a team
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter outlining how they meet the minimum requirements outlined above by E-mail.
Deadline for submission of applications is May 14th, 2020.