|Job Title: Human Resources Manager
||Reports to: Head of Operations
|Department: Human Resources
||Salary Grade: 9
|Location: Tamale or Accra
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
You will partner with the Country Program (CP) Senior Management Team to provide overall strategic Human Resources (HR) direction for the CP in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. You will analyze and anticipate HR programs, services, and operations needs and challenges in the areas of recruitment, staff development, performance management, employee relations, compensation and benefits, onboarding/orientation, policies, staff care, and employee administration and introduce improvement solutions.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Manage HR processes and activities to ensure they meet latest agency, donor, and local legal requirements and standards and reflect best practices.
- Provide professional HR advice and coaching to managers, staff, and partners on daily HR issues, especially in regards to recruitment, performance management, and employee relations.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Lead training and professional development needs assessment and analysis and ensure the provision of focused and precise development programs for CRS staff and partners.
- Ensure staff retention strategies reflect competitive and equitable compensation and benefits and a work environment that fosters staff engagement, empowerment through proper supervision, and personal and professional growth.
- Monitor the culture to ensure staff actions reflect CRS guiding principles, where dignity, diversity, community, and rights and responsibilities of all staff are valued. May serve as the CP focal point for Code of Conduct & Ethics and contribute to ensuring adherence and accountability to Safeguarding policies.
- Act as the CP’s key point of contact, internally and externally, on all HR-related matters. Represent the organization in forums related to HR management issues to stay abreast of standards, local laws, and industry best practices and to maintain peer contacts.
- Oversee record keeping through personnel files and/or the HRIS in adherence to required CRS, donor, and local law regulations. As needed provide analytical reports on HR-related data, metrics and trends to support decision-making, workforce planning and development.
Required Languages – English.
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 20 %.
Supervisory Responsibilities: HR Officer
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: CP Senior Management Team; All CP Staff; RTA Human Resources, HQ/HR staff.
External: Representatives of local government authorities; Peers from other NGOs in the country; Local legal counsel; Providers of HR-related services; CRS Partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration required. Master’s degree in HR Management, Business Administration or Organizational Development preferred.
- Minimum of five years work experience in HR, preferably with an International or local NGO, with at least three of these years managing an HR function and strong knowledge of HR best practices and standards.
- Experience with and demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret employment laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts, and practices. Thorough knowledge of the local labor law.
- Staff management experience.
- Strong experience in presenting, facilitating, and coaching on HR topics.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, HRIS.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how they approach each relationship.
- Excellent strategic and analytical skills with ability to make sound judgment and decisions
- Very good planning, monitoring and organizational skills
- Able to maintain confidential information
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
CRS’ emphasis on family values supports benefits, including maternity and paternity leave, policies that promote exclusive breastfeeding, the availability of a baby room at the office, and flexible working hours where possible.
Primary Location: WARO-GH-Northern
Other Locations: WARO-GH-Greater Accra
Job: Human Resources
Organization: Catholic Relief Services
Job Type: Full-time
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Posting: Aug 18, 2021, 12:55:15 PM