ARB Apex Bank is a mini central bank for the Rural & Community Banks. The basic facts: January 2000 – Bank was registered as a public limited liability company June 2001 – received a banking license August 2001 – admitted to the Bankers Clearing House as the 19th member. It started its banking business on 2 July 2002.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Internal Control
- To manage the audit function of the Bank and to ensure that efficient systems of control are in place and being complied within all sections of the Bank
- To carry out inspections at the RCB’s in accordance with prescribed benchmarks, regulations, rules and laws in respect of such inspections.
- A minimum of a postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline plus ten (10) years post-qualification experience in banking auditing/accounting in a financial institution with at least five (5) years as a member of the senior management team.
- Systems audit experience is preferred.
- Any relevant professional qualification (preferably in ACCA, ICAG, CIMA) is required.
- Exposure to rural banking is also a requirement and membership of the institute of internal Auditors and certification in cybersecurity will be an added advantage.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent Knowledge of banking operations and the laws governing Banks in Ghana
- Uo-to-date Knowledge of the regulatory frameworks both locally and internationally, including IFRS reporting
- BASEL II/III and other international standards
- Extensive working knowledge of auditing standards and regulations
- Working knowledge of the tax laws and related regulations
- Familiarity with the Bank of Ghana Directives and Guidelines
- Knowledge of the operations and services of RCB’s and a good appreciation of operational risk
- Familiarity with developments and trends within the financial services industry
- Exhibit integrity and tough-mindedness
- Must be adept in stakeholder management and negotiation
- Advanced MS Excel and the ability to use Accounting/Audit Software
- Must be willing to travel across the length and breadth of Ghana
- Must have excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Should possess good interpersonal skills
How to Apply for ARB Apex Bank Recruitment
Interested applicants should send applications, accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of certificates, names and addresses of three (3) referees and contact telephone/email addresses.