The Group Head of Finance will be responsible for the financial management of the group of companies and for maximizing a return on investments by establishing and implementing financial policies, procedures, controls, maintaining reporting systems and ensuring that the companies operate in adherence to all US state and federal laws and the laws of the Republic of Ghana. The Group Head of Finance will manage the day-to-day activities of the finance team including daily, monthly and quarterly reporting and will report to the General Manager of Avis Rent a Car and the CEO of Land tours.
1. Area of Responsibility: Accounting Operations/ Management
· Lead in the implementation of sound financial management systems.
· Develop, implement, and maintain adequate internal controls.
· Ensure complete documentation, filing and archival and retrieval systems.
· Direct the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivables, accounts payables and cost management functions of the company.
· Direct the execution of banking of the company’s revenue and disbursement of revenue to the company’s vendors.
2. Area of Responsibility: Financial Reporting
· Supervise daily bank balances and cash flow position reports
· Supervise and participate in the preparation of monthly financial statements.
· Ensure accurate and timely monthly financial reports (Profit and Loss Accounts, Cash flow statement, balance sheet); budget versus actual, and variance analysis reporting.
· Coordinates the annual audit of the company’s financial reports.
3. Area of Responsibility: Finance Management & Treasury
Implementation of the Finance strategy, performance objectives, operational plan, policies and procedures relating to the financial management of the company.
· Prepare, implement and monitor budgets, forecasts and cash flows.
· Liaise with statutory reporting authorities to comply with statutory payment and reporting requirements.
· Advise on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should embark on