Reporting and Management
• Reports to General Manager- Finance
• No line management responsibility
Responsible for working under the direction of the General Manager- Finance
To assist in ensuring that the operation of financial management, forecasting and payments systems including:
• Use of an online banking system to manage transactions under the direction of General Manager-Finance.
• Prepare payment vouchers (cash and bank) for signatory by senior staff.
• Carry out proper checks on the accuracy and completeness of all supporting documentation.
• Process staff claims and make sure that any advances are recorded and recovered timeously.
• Prepare payments to suppliers and service providers.
• Manage petty cash payments, controls and procedures.
• Assist in the closing of monthly accounts and timely preparation of financial reports, including bank reconciliation statements.
• Maintain a database of accounting documents, in both electronic and hard copy.
• Provide financial accounting support to programme staff during workshops and meetings.
• Assist in updating the project expenditure budgets/budget overviews on a regular basis.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the General Manager-Finance.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in finance, accounting or similar discipline
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a finance office setting
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Excellent skills in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
• Strong knowledge of QuickBooks or other financial management software
• Ability to multitask and prioritize projects
• Ability to complete complex administrative tasks with minimal supervision
• Good communication and relationship-building skills
• Reliable and a team player
• Demonstrable ability to deliver to deadlines
• Pro-active in raising issues with management and resolving identified problems.
Apply by 18th July 2020, 5pm