|Sector:||Finance & Accounting|
|Term Duration:||3 years 0 months|
|Recruitment Type:||Local Recruitment|
|Closing Date:||5/21/2021 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC|
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
Under IFC 3.0 realignment, the Budget and Business Administration Department (CBA) comprises the IFC Management Secretariat, Reports & Analytics, Facility & Administration functions as well as Finance and Strategic Partnerships (CBAFP), comprising IFC’s Budget and Finance Network supporting its operations and corporate clients.
The Resource Management Unit of the Sub-Saharan Africa Region (CBAAF) is responsible for business planning, budgeting, work programming, deliverables reporting, and financial reporting for all the offices in Sub-Saharan Africa Region (CAF) Region. In the country offices, CBAAF staff perform accounting, payment processing, cash management and administration functions. Overall, CBAAF services Country Office (CO) staff on all aspects of WBG CO Policies and Procedures through establishing cost efficiency and effective controls over all financial transactions, and provides support for effective management.
IFC Ghana is recruiting a Finance Assistant who will be responsible for country office accounting, financial controls, monthly reporting, bank reconciliation, payroll and related activities for the Ghana country office. Based in Accra, Ghana, the Finance Assistant has a double reporting line to 1) the Finance Officer responsible for controls in Africa, based in Dakar, and 2) the Finance Officer responsible for resource management in Africa, based in Nairobi. S/he will work closely with the Country Manager, Investment Officers, Program Managers for Advisory Services programs (advisory services), as well as with colleagues from the finance function across the Sub-Saharan (CAF) region.
Role & Responsibilities:
Payments & Accounting
• SAP/Imprest Administration
• Processing timely payments to staff and vendors
• VAT filing and reconciliation (if applicable)
• Accounting for accruals and prepayments
• Payroll processing in SAP
• Financial assistance, rental advances to staff and clearance in PeopleSoft
• Journal adjustment entries
• Travel agency payments
• Review SAP Processing of PO’s
• Ensuring proper filing of all documents as per the record retention policy
Monitoring & Reporting
• Monitoring and ensuring replenishment of funds in Imprest account as well as petty cash
• Preparation of monthly Imprest accounting report including bank reconciliation
• Preparation of monthly statement of assets and liabilities
• Providing ad-hoc reports at the request of the management (like travel, SAP profiles etc.)
• Ensuring adherence to policies and procedures to ensure Strong Scorecard
• Follow up for timely submission of SOE’s
• Controls and Knowledge sharing
• Providing expert advice and guidance to staff on accounting, policy theory and practice, recommending solutions to various issues
• Enhance controls and advise other Finance assistants in the region on best practices
• Knowledge sharing sessions with staff on Policies and procedures and ensuring these are communicated and implemented throughout the Regional department
• Liaison with Chennai: Imprest/Payroll/SRS/Travel audit/accounts payable/RM etc
• Liaise with Banks in connection with IFC Corporate account as staff salary accounts.
• Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics with at least 4 years of working experience.
• Recognized professional certification on basic level (CPA, CMA, CIMA, ACCA, etc.) is a plus.
• Sound knowledge and understanding of accounting theory, concepts and principles, financial accounting reporting, budgeting, and cost allocations.
• Ability to analyze and synthesize information, interpret data, retrieve information and clearly and concisely communicate result. Good data mining skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Package.
• Prior experience in ERP applications (SAP) a significant advantage.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to prepare, present and discuss findings in written or oral form.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and team player, with the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Fluency in English is essential.
• Ability to manage multiple, concurrent tasks with tight deadlines.
• Ability to function effectively in multi-disciplinary teams within a matrix management environment.
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.