The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Policy & Political roles)
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
|Main purpose of job:
The UK and Ghana are forging a partnership for the future. The most valuable parts to this are often our people-to-people links – over 250,000 Brit-Ghanaians in the UK.
The purpose of this job is to support investment in the UK-Ghana diaspora to underpin a strong future partnership. The successful candidate will ‘own’ the British High Commission’s (BHC’s) relationship with the Ghanaian Diaspora and main Diaspora offices in Ghana. Together, the successful candidate will be expected to set a vision for their part of the future relationship, and use the resources of the BHC to deliver on it.
|Roles and responsibilities
x1 administrative Staff
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
|· Bachelor’s in Communications, International Relations or other relevant field of study.
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a fast-paced working environment as a manager.
· Experience of working across the UK-Ghana diaspora, there sub-groupings, and their needs.
· An understanding of Ghana Governments Diaspora engagement policies and strategies
· Event Planning experience
· Dealing with logistics, administration and budgets
· Excellent IT skills (including working knowledge of MS office packages (excel; word, PowerPoint etc);
· The ability to respond flexibly to competing demands, often at short notice;
· Discretion and confidentiality;
· Strong organisational skills and good attention to detail (events planning; guest lists).
· Ability to write accurate, professional English at speed, in formats including formal letters and minutes.
· Good team player with strong customer service skills, including with others with competing priorities
· Ability to plan ahead, anticipate problems / clashes and proactively sort them out
· Able to work under minimal supervision and deliver for senior-level individuals
· Ability to build highly-effective relationships with external organisations.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
Making Effective Decisions, Managing a Quality Service, Communicating and Influencing, Working Together
26 October 2022
Higher Executive Officer (HEO)
Type of Position
Working hours per week
Type of Post
British High Commission
Number of vacancies
GHS equivalent to USD 1,618.65
1 December 2022
Other benefits and conditions of employment
Learning and development opportunities:
The British High Commission in Ghana takes learning and development seriously. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop many core and transferable skills through both formal and informal learning and development opportunities, including the full suite of HMG training courses and opportunities and the opportunity to work closely and shadow the High Commissioner. Members of staff are encouraged to make use of the learning and development opportunities that the office has to offer.