Who we are?
Our Curation team is on a mission to better facilitate this through the curation of the best, most relevant, and timely content that reaches, engages and delights one of the largest daily audiences in the world.
The Curation team contextualizes content related to topics of interest including misinformation, politics, breaking global news, entertainment and sports, and we’re looking for a skilled Curator to help us identify the best Tweets, photos, and videos in real-time around those topics in Nigeria.
Who you are?
The ideal candidate for this role should have a deep, non-partisan, understanding of Nigerian news and politics. They should feel comfortable fact-checking content related to politics, medical science or local news. They must also be capable of quickly and accurately identifying the best Twitter content across multiple verticals including News, Sports and Entertainment. In addition to curation, members of this team work collaboratively and are encouraged to support curation and projects of other verticals.
While this role is primarily focused on English and English Pidgin content, working proficiency in one or more of the following languages is an advantage: Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo.
This role is based in Accra, Ghana and focused on Nigeria. You may need to work weekends.
- Identifying the best Twitter content related to local news and/or global conversations
- Effective verbal and written communication. Can present to broader team on specific projects
- A basic understanding of “content quality” and the data and Curation Standards by which we might judge and measure that within a product surface
- Is able to prioritize work effectively, under deadline
- Is capable of, and receptive to, giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Curate live updates around various topics and events across civic integrity, local news, misinformation, entertainment and sports for Twitter customers
- Weave together stories from sequences of Tweets
- Identify events and emerging trends on Twitter that will drive unique content experiences
- Work cross-collaboratively with teammates and internal stakeholders to create strategies for key events in West Africa time zone