To Supervise and Coordinate Fibre deployment, fibre Relocation, Terminal Equipment Optimization and Adhoc Projects according to MTN Specifications, Quality standards, PPP and CPM Tool Kits
- Develops detailed field implementation project plans, control methods, procedures and responsibilities for aerial and ground fibre implementation
- Prepare, collate and analyse TSS reports, HLD/LLD designs and drawings
- Demonstrate excellent degree of experience with Management, scheduling, inventory, procurement and project Management of all installation works
- Provides leadership and direction to site implementation teams and represents MTN’s interest in any fibre optics deployment in assigned region.
- Responsible for the physical OSP and ISP network activities at or inside MTN tower property in a given geographical area
- Develop detailed project tracker, report templates and organizes weekly project meetings to review progress and quality requirements of the project
- Implements MTNs Quality Control/HSE program on site and ensure all project documents are obtained and verified before project closure
- Drive quality network implementation, by ensure all desired quality specification are met in the delivery of optical network projects for MTN Ghana
- Conversant with MTN Ghana EHS policy and drive strict adherence of EHS policy during the implementation of optical fibre network projects
- Preparation of RFPs, BOQs and implement procurement management activities on ISP/OSP Projects
- Provide critical support in identifying, escalation and mitigation of project risks and challenges timeously.
- Sc. Electrical/Electronic or Telecoms Engineering
- CCNA Routing & Switching Certification or IP related certification
- PMP or PRINCE2 Certification
- AutoCAD Design Suite Training
- Fiber Certification
- 3 years of experience in the telecommunications industry with an emphasis on aerial and ground fiber deployment.
- Minimum of 2 year of experience in a project management capacity
- Extensive experience and working knowledge in fiber optics technology.
- Knowledge and experience with telecommunication standards including GSM, UMTS, LTE, ANSI, and ITU.
- Must have good understanding of legacy transport technologies like PDH, SDH and WDM,
- Good appreciation of OSI layer 2 and 3 transport technologies like Ethernet, MPLS, GPON and IP networks
- Must have a good appreciation of aerial and ground fibre implementation procedures
- Should have good understanding of ITU-T transmission/transport performance related recommendations including but not limited to G.826, G.828, and G.829.
- Should have adequate understanding of GSM Network Architecture
- Knowledge and/or certification in Ethernet switch and Routing protocols (CCNA. preferred)
- Must possess adequate knowledge in AD/DC power solutions for mobile communication requirements
- Hands-on Configuration experience on MW and IP products like Ericsson Minilink, Aviat Eclipse, Cisco Switches and Routers, Huawei OSN, and DWDM Equipment
- Good appreciation of NMS platforms such as U2000, Provision and IPTNMS
- Adequate knowledge in Microsoft office suite (Power Point, Project & Excel) and great presentation style
- Skill in communication, leadership and team management
- Excellent Skills in presentation, reporting and performance management
- Self-Starter, responsible and works with little or no supervision
- Ability to develop and manage technical resources
- Ability to handle issues with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to plan and manage processes that are not under direct control
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems
- Ability to manage conflict, self and team performance
- Positive attitude, self-motivated & no-limit mind-set
- Assertive and influential in timely decision making
- Reliable, methodical and Good facilitator
- Adequate knowledge in the latest advanced technology
- Conceptual & Analytical skill
- Business acumen
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae by 9th April, 2021 to:
Kindly indicate the Vacancy number MTN-CPG-ADTRACK0003 as the email subject and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.