An ideal role for an individual who has expertise on commercial contracts and commercial excellence for all of the commercial activities associated with the safe, timely and reliable management of the obligations arising from the Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Sale and Purchase Agreement between Shell Energy Ghana (SEG) and Shell International Trading Middle East (SITME), a terminal use agreement between SEG and Tema LNG Terminal Limited (TLTL) and the long-term Gas Sales Agreement with SEG’s primary customer, Ghana National Petroleum Company (GNPC).
This role will also be involved in commercial opportunities and support to other Shell business lines.
Where you fit in:
• Provide commercial expertise and support for all SEG contractual obligations, reacting and assisting Gas/LNG Operations in resolving commercial disputes and other issues including shortfall volumes, disputes in volumes which affect invoicing, off-spec, audits, credit supports
• Actively manage risks across the contracts to mitigate and minimize value loss
• Act as the in-country Commercial Lead in relation to front-line negotiations including commercial advice on structuring and negotiating regional New Business Development (NBD) opportunities such as Project Development and Frame Agreements, Gas Sales and Purchase Agreements, Joint Venture Agreements, Product Sales Agreements and LNG or Re-gas Asset or Infrastructure use/share/lease related agreements
• Supporting for overall commercial integrity, contributing to best practice sharing and continuous improvement of NBD processes, ensuring proper documentation and reporting of activities, adherence to established internal controls/mandates and provision of advice to Downstream, and Upstream Lines of Business
• Support any SEG commercial and contract amendments that are required post start-up, liaising with Shell Origination and Market Development, Projects & Technology, Legal and Finance teams
• Deputize for the SEG Managing Director and responsible for the commercial interface with internal and external stakeholders whilst providing backfill support where required to LNG and Gas Operations including nominations/inventory management, commercial and operational cost management
• Leadership of HSSE in project delivery and execution
• Be pro-active, lead, and closeout commercial-related disputes with external and internal counterparts and support SEG where necessary.
• Provide initial Market Intelligence and Business Development support for new opportunities to Shell LNG Marketing and Trading (SLMT). Data gathering and review of all relevant HSSE, technical, commercial, legal, fiscal, political and organizational aspects
• Understand Shell internal approval processes, leading and engaging with the required internal stakeholders and provide Commercial overviews and forecasting as needed for internal reporting, Business Planning and for Annual Reports.
• Exhibit good management skills, be able to work successfully in different cultural environments and with people from diverse backgrounds.
What we expect from you:
• Understand and work effectively with SLMT and cross business teams regionally/globally to deliver opportunities
• Prepare for and lead integration and value delivery and internal and external reporting. Execute deals which maximize value to Shell whilst meeting counter-party requirements in a way that is unique to Shell
• Manage political sensitivity in deals within country / region whilst building value adding relationships with government bodies and partners.
• Manage multiple interfaces & negotiations with counterparty, partners, competitors, Governments and shareholders.