Peki College of Education
Location: Peki Avetile, Volta Region
The Peki College of Education, Peki is a renowned public Teacher Educational Institution in the Volta Region of Ghana and affiliated to University of Ghana, Legon under the new Teacher Education Reform. The Governing Council of the College invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following senior management position at the college.
Job Title: College Secretary
The Position / Job Description
• The College Secretary is the head of the Office of the College Secretariat. He/She is the Chief Administrative Officer of the College and reports to the PrincipalThe College Secretary shall
• Assist the Principal in the day-to-day administration and management of the college
• Be in charge of all administration, secretarial and personnel matters of the college
• Be the secretary to the college council, all committees of council, as well as statutory committees of the college
• Ensure the functioning of all boards and standing committees of the college and be responsible for the co-ordination of the colleges strategic planning, policy formulation, and implementation.
• Perform any other official function as may be assigned by the governing council or delegated by the Principal
Educational Requirements & Qualifications
The candidate must have:
• Hold a good first degree and minimum of masters degree, preferably in Administration and management related fields
• Have served as a Deputy College Secretary in a tertiary institution/organisation for at least 4 years
• Be capable of planning, organising, implementing and administratively managing all activities related to the office of the college secretary
• Have considerable knowledge, experience and understanding of the tertiary education structures and environment in general
• Should be able to develop and implement strategies to achieve the mission and vision of the college
• Be capable of working effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
• Have strong intellect and proven emotional stability and integrity
• Be computer literate and
• Be able to complete at least one term of 4 years before attaining the compulsory retirement age of sixty (60).
How to apply
Apply by email