- Serve as the Professional and Administrative Head of the College Library.
- Provide leadership in advancing the College’s teaching, learning and research mission through a clear vision of the Library’s role, comprehensive strategic planning, and demonstrate the ability to incorporate emerging technologies and sound fiscal management in engaging the College community.
- Draw and monitor the implementation of the approved College Library Strategic Plan.
- Establish and maintain procedures, policies and systems that make for effective library operation.
- Supervise staff under the College Libraries to ensure effective and efficient functioning of the Libraries of the College.
- Maintain links with relevant and appropriate local and international organizations involved in library work to promote an effective and efficient library system of the college.
Salary and Conditions attached to the above positions are attractive and in accordance with the approved Harmonised Conditions of Service for Colleges of Education.
- Have a good character and a high degree of personal and professional integrity and leadership skills.
- Hold a good first degree or comparable qualification in the relevant area.
- Possess Postgraduate degree in Library or Information related field from a recognized tertiary institution. Membership of a relevant and recognized professional body is an added advantage.
- Have served as Deputy Librarian or comparable grade in a tertiary institution or similar institution/organisation for at least four (4) years.
- Be conversant with Library software or Library records management software.
- Be able to complete at least one term of four (4) years before attaining the compulsory retirement age of Sixty (60) years.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit (in soft copy ONLY) an application letter together with the following:
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae together with relevant supporting documents, including names and addresses of three (3) referees.
- At least a two (2)-page vision statement for the College in relation to the position.