Do you want to join an industry with a profound impact on the lives of millions of people globally? Maersk Ghana is currently looking for an experienced Collector to join the team.
The Collector will work closely with our colleagues in the Global Shared Centre and be on top of collection, handling invoicing, statement queries and collection from the customers in Ghana.
At Maersk, you’ll be part of a global team motivated by bringing food and commodities to people in every corner of the world. We do this through close partnerships with our valued customers, who trade everything from seafood and fruits, to clothes, electronics and cars! No matter our role in the Region our end goal is to simplify the lives of our customers. This is done through seamless processes, best in class digital solutions, and great customer service!
Our diverse team of passionate and dedicated colleagues are empowered and supported to grow by their leaders. We all have our customers in mind, in every action of our daily work life, and this is truly the key to reaching our target!
An exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business setting characterised by high pace and diversity. You will get to focus on creating valuable relations with current and new customers and work with highly-professional teams in an environment where you will be valued, recognised and rewarded.
– Ensure follow up for all payments is applied on time and correctly.
– Ensure Freight and detention tariff in AFLS/CXED are updated correctly and free time extensions are done timely.
– Make weekly reconciliation on the different accounts and the corresponding system balance and clearing aged outstanding items.
– Monitor AFR task closure and bill relies for export shipments.
– Prepare reports for management on the overall image of the outstanding every week and handling any query.
– Dispatch reconciled statement together with the invoices received from the GSC to the customer.
– Handle disputes from customers in coordination with all GSC team and ensure the issue is resolved.
– Perform waiver and write off after getting proper approvals.
– Visit the customer premises and follow up for payment for the overdue invoices.
– Ensure Credit Review process is executed as and when required as per global blue print and processes.
– Review Credit Renewal requests and ensure process is followed in line with global Act as the communication interface between FCRM and sales team and ensure that credit process/approvals is aligned with Global Authority Matrix.
– Monitor, and evaluate customer who exceed their credit terms in a timely manner and ensure appropriate follow up is taken by sales/collections teams.
– Request updates from Banking institutions for letters of credit for markets where Credit Bureaus are not available.
– Finance, Accounting or relevant degree required.
– At least 3 years’ experience in a similar function in a multi-national environment.
– Excellent understanding of finance and business.
– An analytical mind that is able to link/ relate to and analyze information.
– Superior Stakeholder Management and Communication skills.
– Self-starter with great attention to detail.
– Can influence without authority
– Preferably experienced in working closely with offshore teams in service centres
– Experience working with SAP will be an added advantage
– Preference for Shipping and Logistics business industry experience.