Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country.
To take 100% responsibility to exceed the guests’ expectations in accordance with Resense’s spa vision, core values and all related brand standards, procedures and policies.
- Provide a truly memorable experience for the guest with the highest level of comfort and service, creating a genuine, welcoming, inspiring & safe salon environment for all guests.
- To listen, consult with guests and members that accommodate their needs and achieve their goals.
- Communicate and work effectively with the entire spa team, including spa concierge, stylists, therapists & attendants to ensure a seamless experience for the guests.
- Fully support the Spa Manager, Assistant Spa Manager & Salon Manager.
- To set an example at all times of the highest standards of professionalism, attitude and appearance.
- Understand and implement all Resense Standard Operating Procedures & Policies.
- Perform men’s hair care services including cutting, styling, shaving, and facial treatments conditioning treatments.
- Promote / upsell hair care, skin care to guests as requested. This includes making personal recommendations and softly “upselling” the client.
- Clean work area after each service has been performed. Sweeping cut hair up, cleaning the workstation and mirror clean & perform general shop duties.
- Maintain a neat and professional work area at all times.
- Maintain supplies needed at station. Advise salon manager or designate items needing to be purchased.
- Unpacking and neatly storing hair, nail and skin care items needed in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Assist in the co-ordination of salon services with other Spa programmes. Insure current with trends in barbers industry and maintain current professional licenses.
- Maintain equipment for Salon operations and personal equipment in safe working order and report and dysfunctional equipment.
- Ensure individual is well versed in all aspects of the Spa’s operations.i.e. Business telephone usage, Guest relations, Spa services (massage, scrub, facial, etc.), retail sales
- Assist in the operations of all spa departments as required: Fitness, Front Desk/Receptions, Boutique, S&M.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Gentlemen’s Hairdressing Certification.
- Five (5) years’ experience in an international standard barbers
- 5 Years in a barber’s environment.
- Any additional hair salon skills welcomed.
- First Aid and CPR Certificate.
- Adherence to Standard Operating Procedures Manual.
- To maintain inventory of supplies for the operations of the barbers.
- To attend weekly/monthly salon departmental communication meetings.
- Hair Cutting Skills – Gentlemen – Children.
- Shaving and Men’s Skin care.
- Willing to work shift hours including weekends.
- Articulate verbal and written communication.
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic and Empathetic.
- Sales oriented.
- Professional presentation.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!