Job Vacancy: Back End Developer
Emergent Payments Ghana Limited is a payment facilitator for large-scale digital merchants expanding into emerging markets. EPGL has been connecting financial institutions, businesses, and government agencies (digital merchants) to payment systems over the last five years, allowing them to offer more services to their clients. Clients can leverage technology to make payments, access cash, transfer funds and apply for loans. Headquartered in Accra, Ghana, Emergent Payments Ghana is a subsidiary of Emergent Technology Limited.
Job Brief: We are looking for an analytical, results-driven back-end developer who will work with team members to troubleshoot and improve back-end applications and processes. The Back-end Developer will use his or her understanding of programming languages and tools to analyze current codes and industry developments, formulate processes that are more efficient, solve problems, and create a more seamless experience for users. You should have excellent communication, computer, and project management skills.
succeed as a backend developer, you should be focused on building a better, more efficient program and creating a better end-user experience. You should be knowledgeable, collaborative, and motivated.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create, manage, maintain, and evolves an Amazon Web Servers-AWS cloud infrastructure for running applications.
- Actively participate in the overall application lifecycle.
- Focus on coding and debugging.
- Collaborate with front-end developers.
- Define and communicate technical and design requirements.
- Build a high-quality reusable code that can be used in the future.
- Create sustainable and functional web applications with clean codes.
- Learn about new technologies and stay up to date with current best practices.
- Conduct UI tests and optimize performance.
- Train, help, and support to other team members.
- Experience in cloud computing- AWS
- Hands-on backend web development experience.
- Proficient knowledge of a backend programming language and an in-depth understanding of web development.
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors.
- Proven experience creating user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Capability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Proven experience managing hosting environment, which includes database administration and scaling an application to support load changes.
- Ability to set up, and administer backups, data migration, transformation, and scripting.
- Knowledgeable of OWASP security principles.
- Understands “session management” in a server environment.
- BS in Computer Science or a related field
- Coding (HTML/CSS3)
- USSD Development
- Analytical Skills
- Web Development
- API Development and Integrations
- Soft Skill and non-technical skills
Qualified applicants should send CVs to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org