• Support Ghana Police and Prosecutors in the investigation and prosecution of child/forced labor trafficking perpetrators.
• Conduct research, brief writing, and oral advocacy on behalf of IJM clients.
• Track case-related data on paper and electronic case tracking management systems.
• Attend and/or participate in all legal proceedings relevant to assigned cases.
• Maintain accurate and updated documentation of legal proceedings in assigned cases.
• Perform legal research and draft pleadings as necessary in assigned cases.
• Ensure legal custody of rescued children for partner shelters and compliance with child protection laws and policies.
• Identify, develop, and implement capacity-building programs to strengthen the Public Justice System.
• Monitor legal policy information and developments which are or may be applicable to IJM.
• Advise management on internal legal documents, proceedings, and organizational risk.
• Carry out additional assignments as directed by the Associate Director, Justice Projects.
Skills and Experience
• Relevant degree in law.
• Professional Certificate in Law and a member of the Ghana Bar Association in good standing.
• 2+ years of experience as a practicing attorney.
• Strong critical thinking, legal analysis, and oral and written advocacy skills.
• Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft applications
• Experience in criminal litigation preferred.
• Strong cross-cultural abilities to work in an international environment
• Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
• Driver’s License preferred.
• Strong legal research and writing skills
• This position requires travel to various regions across Ghana.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• Willingness to work under potentially hazardous conditions;
• Meticulous attention to detail;
• Disciplined with priorities;
• Patient and able to work well under stress;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, personable, with a heart for service and sustained positive attitude;
• Punctual; manages time and resources effectively;
• Diplomatic, flexible, and mature in judgment;
• Effective team player and leader; and
• Evident passion to help people suffering injustice and oppression.
Interested applicants should send Cover Letter, Resume, & Statement of Faith* By E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.
Application Deadline: 13th December 2020.