We are seeking a highly-skilled, experienced chief accounting officer to join our growing organization. In this position, you will coordinate and supervise the accounting department, and take care to follow all current laws and company procedures. You must be able to take large amounts of accounting information, analyze results, and make changes where necessary to benefit the company.
- Oversee the operations of all accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, treasury, fixed assets, month-end accruals, budgets and provisions;
- Responsible for year-end closing and the preparation of the monthly financial statements;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and year-end management financial reports;
- Review and approve all payment transactions: reimbursements, payments on accounts, vouchers, checks, etc.;
- Handle year-end-closing and monthly financial statements;
- Review balance sheet account reconciliations;
- Liaise with external government institutions and act as the main contact for internal and external audits.
- Respond to all queries related to financial matters;
- Recommend and draft financial and accounting policies and procedures;
- Keep the accounting manual up to date and ensure the adherence to the manual and all policies and procedures;
- Review, investigate and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports;
- Ensure that legislation is followed regarding VAT and other statutory payments;
- Coordinate the accurate and timely payment of suppliers;
- Assist in the preparation of yearly budgets;
- Administer all balance sheet accounts reconciliations;
- Act as the point of contact for queries related to employee and supplier payments;
- Reviews account payables and weekly check runs;
- Determine proper handling of financial transactions and approve transactions within designated limits;
- Compile and analyse financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts, cost centres and document business transactions;
- Responsible for distributing financial statements and cost centre reports; and
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Core Skills and Competencies:
- High ethical standards;
- Focus on accuracy;
- Highly organized;
- Exceptional prioritization skills;
- Team player;
- Great communicator;
- Good judgment and decision making skills;
- Critical thinking oriented; and
- A working knowledge of computers, especially accounting/spreadsheet related software and tools.
- Bachelor’s degree or similar n Accounting/Finance Management, as a minimum requirement.
- 5-7 Years at least on a Supervisory Level, with a background in Hospitality; and
- Excellent written and spoken English.
This is a highly skilled position, that needs a candidate who enjoys accounting as well as customer service. Apply to join our team today!